Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, December 5, 2011

4 Android Tablets That Would Make Great Christmas Presents

I have been shopping around for a tablet that I would like for Christmas. It is so confusing because there are too many options when it comes to these new technology tablets. I noticed that the ones that have a 3G compatible slot were a lot more expensive to buy. I am not sure why but I think that it is all a big fat gimmick. If they are going to put the other slots in then why not put a slot where you can put an Internet card in.
Most tablets on the market have Wi-Fi in them so you can connect to wireless networks if you are in access area. However this does not mean that you can roam around and have an Internet connection all of the time. This is why you need the 3G compatible tablet, so you can insert your Internet card and roam around anywhere using the Internet. As far as I’m concerned, they all should come with this anyway.
In the stores you can pay up to $200 extra for a tablet that has a 3G slot. The other way around this is if you have a phone that can be used as a wireless access point, all you can buy a gadget that you can put your Internet card into and that will become a wireless access point. Even if a tablet has a USB port, the Android operating system is not compatible with most USB dongles and Android is the leader along with Apple at the moment. The Apple iPad is fantastic and you can run your entire business on an iPad but it is over priced for what it is. Many of the tablets I have looked at can outdo the iPad with performance and quality.
I went to Harvey Norman, the good guys, big W, and a few more stores. At one stage, I said to the sales attendant that I would buy a particular tablet, however when he went to search for it they had none in stock. Unfortunately it was an advertised special and of course they have none in stock. It would have been nice if they had taken the special off until they got restocked.
Anyway me buying a tablet for Christmas was not meant to be. Now I have been researching on Amazon because I am happy to wait for them to post it to me. At least they know if they have it in stock or not. Below I will show you a few options that I’m looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment